Afterwards, Symi will be available for a Q&A session complete with a full display of Rosemary & Co brushes, which will be available for sale. This is a great opportunity to purchase these excellent brushes without the associated overseas shipping costs. All event attendees will also be automatically entered to win $75 worth of Rosemary brushes, redeemable at the event.
The Rosemary & Co presentation will take place from 5:15-6:15 PM in the GCA Cast Hall.
The Q&A session and brush purchase will begin at 6:15 until 7 PM in the GCA Lounge.
The presentation will cover all aspects of fine art drawing papers including:
- History of Writing Surfaces: parchment to papyrus to paper
- History of Paper: from China to Europe
- How Paper is Made: past and present
- Handmade paper vs. Machine made paper
- Components of Paper: fiber, watermark, surface texture, sizing, weight, permanence.
- Environmentally friendly papers and alternative fibers
- Types of Paper: newsprint, sketching, drawing, bristol, illustration, charcoal, pastel, watercolor, mixed-media
- Grades of Paper: student, artist, professional
- Paper Storage
- Strathmore papers & literature
- Selection of drawing materials
- Watercolor brush